Listening to Enrique Iglesias – Do You Know
Many friends of mine have been getting themselves stuck in a relationship rut these days. I don’t know if it is me being ‘old’ in my thinking but I felt that many of their heartaches are uncalled for and could be avoided in the first place.
Why do people fall in love so easily these days? Or is it even love in the first place? Personally, I have never had a crush on someone before. I was with my ex(s) after they told me that they liked me.
As such, I am often clueless when someone likes me until they decide to give me a shock one fine day. That usually doesn’t go down with me and I will try 101 ways to make them give up on me, including acting like a bitch that I am not (I hope).
It is probably easier to install mechanics into a pig and make it fly than me falling in love with someone. I think it is because I never want to let someone close in enough to hurt me.
I have listened to many people and their versions of what they are looking for in their ideal partner. Of course, the ideal person doesn’t exist and most of the time, its about accepting and compromising when you find that next to ideal person.
Many girlfriends of my age still go for a guy who can sweep them off their feet, has a good family background, preferably drives so that he can be their chauffeur, be sweet and romantic to them, blah.
I do not understand, especially the part about the car. What happened to taking the bus together and then keeping the bus ticket in a metal tin?
Honestly, I care nothing for all of the points above. I just need someone sincere and will always be there for me. Someone I can tell everything to, a shoulder to cry on, a best friend, a confidante, a big brother, a buddy.
Not easy to find because I tend to become a 10 (to the power of infinity) kg emotional baggage in a relationship. All the weakness in me that I cannot show to the world will be shown to that single person. All the heavy responsibilities that I am carrying on myself will inevitably become his.
I remember all the things he have said to me like he is tired of seeing me cry, wanting me to become less dependant on him.
And that convinces me that I should just do a good deed by remaining single.
No comments:
Post a Comment