Sep 30, 2007

柯有綸 - Welcome To My World

Today is a very depressing day at work.

It seems like everyone is suffering from heart attacks at the same time. CKMB and TropT results were all sky high for quite a number of patients.

***

One patient had a creatinine level of 2000 plus OMFG. Might break a Guinness record somewhere if there is one.

To let you understand how bad that is, 2000+++ is beyond analytical range and there is no recommended dilution for anything beyond that because IT-IS-IMPOSSIBLE-TO-HAVE-A-LEVEL-THAT-HIGH.

Or so i thought.

I suppose the kidney is gone. Big time.

***

To make me sink deeper, I saw this case of a foreign worker in his thirties in surgical icu who had an industrial accident. The case note says that patient's arm has been amputated above elbow during critical rescue.

And more. Somewhere along the lines of cracked skull and brain haemorrhage.

I am very traumatised.

No comments: