I was working with a new colleague today for some project work for the boss.
My colleague is new so he had to ask me where things are kept in the lab as we worked. I realised I knew exactly where everything is kept, even those buried by a thousand other items at the back of the cabinet.
I told mum about this and she said,
你对家里什么东西收哪里都没有这么清楚。
And she said what was exactly on my mind. I probably know my workplace better than my own home.
Sometimes when im working weekend shifts, i just turn up in tees, short shorts and slippers with my staff ID pass and locker keys. i don't even have to bring my crumpler along cos i know my locker has everything i need.
When im on night shifts, i just pull my fringe back with whatever i can find and it didnt matter to me that i was looking really bad. I sleep like a dead log in the staff lounge during breaks like im in my own bed.
Some of the signs and labels in the lab are drawn by me and everyone knows its me because of my incredibly OCD-like handwriting. My lab coat can be easily identified from everybody elses because of my 小叮噹 badge and double forceps.
The badge makes me feel like im still me beneath all the heavy responsibilities im under and I'm the only one with 2 forceps because Ron gave me his when he left the lab.
So many little details..
I guess as much as i dislike my workplace, it has already become somewhere i feel so attached and familiar to.
No comments:
Post a Comment