Jan 1, 2009

Goodbye 2008

I thought of doing a review for the year 2008 since it has been once of the most happening years for me thus far.

I had LASIK done and got rid of my horrendous eyesight and the need for glasses, ever. The things that I am able to see now still amazes me, like reading off the last row of the Snell's chart effortlessly for the first time in my entire life. I still read too much for my own eyes' good, but at least I don't read under dim lighting or in bed anymore. Hopefully my artificial perfect eyesight lasts till I get old and get long sighted. It is supposed to anyway. =)

Resigned/quit/fired my boss this year and left the Biomedical field (possibly forever). It was a decision that took a lot of guts for someone who'd hate to step out of her comfort zone and routine lifestyle. I went back to school and was forced to become more sociable because I no longer lived in the world of machines where I can survive being mute.

I'm glad to make new friends who made lifeless school life more bearable, especially hazel and uncle.

I mugged my ass off the entire semester, spurred by self expectations, support from close friends and family and ultimately, the fear of failure.

Lastly, I've learnt to treasure loved ones and close friends more.

Resolution for year 2009: A happier me.

No comments: