Listening to 周杰伦 - 梯田
This is the third time I’m attempting to type this entry out because so much happened today and I cannot seem to get everything that I want to say right.
It is my half day off today and I wandered aimlessly around town myself before meeting Jialing for dinner. This is a really rare ‘phenomenon’ cause I usually have the thinking that I’m too ugly to be walking around in public by myself.
I didn’t have my watch on my wrist all the while when I was by myself cause for once, for as long as I can remember, I’m not in the rush for anything.
In the lab, it’s always about STATS, URGENTS, panic value reporting time, incubation time, test remaining time, sample received time, blah. Sometimes, I feel like my neck is going to snap soon from turning to look at the giant time/date display which also drives me nuts because it’s always in the ‘DATE’ mode when I want to know the time, and the ‘TIME’ mode when I want to know the date.
I walked the whole city hall area, bought myself a new shirt, ate a cheese pancake and listened to songs on the giant headphones in HMV. All the things I haven’t done for ages and it’s therapeutic.
I met Jialing for dinner after that. I always find it enjoyable going out with her because things always seem so simple and free from my usual frustrations about life. Like how my life used to be like when I was a kid.
On our way to dinner, we met this guy (now my financial advisor) who stopped us for a supposed one minute survey. Usually, I ignore such people, give my signature ‘don’t talk to me’ face and walk away.
I don’t know what stopped me today, and what made me sign up for the plan eventually but I certainly hope that the decision is a right one cos it’s a 25 years plan.
To sum up the two hour conversation, I now have a saving plan, insurance coverage and a financial advisor.
Jialing waited for me patiently throughout the whole conversation and she bought me Yam-Yam =)
Thanks girl.
A friend was looking for me pretty urgently and I got back to calling her as soon as I reached home. I feel so sorry for her and I now condemn the annual performance rating as a chance for scorned supervisors to abuse their authority and settle personal scores with their employees.
I cross fingers and hope that mine has no scores to settle with me for my upcoming one.
No comments:
Post a Comment