Dec 4, 2007

Matchbox 20 - How Far We've Come

Was telling ch how I dropped my phone the other day..

It dropped with a very sickening thud with one phone splitting into 4 pieces strewn all over the floor.

Thought I felt my heart breaking at that very moment. managed to resuscitate it myself eventually. phew.

Never realised how much I love my phone.

***

Phones Ive been using through the ages in chronological order.

The very classic 8250. It stood out from all the phones with fugly yellow lights in that era. It was fun playing snakes on it. You can literally smash it against the wall and it'll still be OK.

I used to store a lot of those cute messages using brackets and slashes to form rabbits and bears in it. I used to smuggle it to school and typed sms-es with one hand in the pocket.

Handphone bills hit a height of 80 dollars (sms-es alone) when I was using this phone. Mum scolded me until super qi cham. lol.

I remember I got this phone because he was using it then (wah piang. like donkey years ago).

This is actually the lightest nokia phone I think (~90 grams). Its very slim and I can spin it very fast. There is this basketball game in it with a cheat code you can use so that you can play forever and the ball wouldnt burst. I think its 78987 or smth like that. Puzzle bobble is fun too.

I got my jigsaw puzzle accessory for this phone (he has one too so our phones look identical down to the wallpaper and we always take the wrong phone home -_-) and it has been with me after the many phone changes and it just recently broke.

Everything about this phone reminds me about him lol.

I got this phone when it became too painful to face the previous phone everyday(we broke up).

Its a major downgrade from the previous phone. I cannot remember much about this phone because it was with me for only a few months.


I used to love playing with cameras on friends' phones before I got this. Everyone was afraid of me getting near their phones then because of my very artistic shots.

Close-ups of ears, eyes and leg hairs were some of my favourite subjects then. Haha. Ironically, I stopped my weird habit after I got my own camera phone.

The greatest irony of all is that, this being advertised as a music phone, I never got around to using the mp3 function because I bought my shuffle at around the same time. Super dumb.

I think black phones rule because its uber cool. I dont know why most girls like white ones.


Ta-Da. The phone that split into 4 parts recently. My phone survived the fall but the jigsaw puzzle accessory that has been with me for years broke. Someone tell me to laugh or to cry.

Its the first phone I bought using hard earned money. The previous ones were all bought using savings from allowance.

I used to use it to call friends when Im hiding in the toilet crying when Im bullied at work. Im not really into talking on the phone but I think I have used this phone on phone calls more than all my other phones added together.

Now I think I know why I felt so upset when I dropped it the other day.

No comments: