Jul 23, 2008

Random updates

I've started to go back to school for stuff like matriculation and choosing of academic subs. Team bonding is on this coming Friday and the dreaded camp next Monday. Somehow, the place makes me uneasy because its wayyy too big and I feel incredibly tiny in there.

Finally got to register for subjects but the quota opened for biology is seriously pathetic.. I'm so going to cry if I'm not selected for it. That's the only major I chose for although we were encouraged to put down 2 choices each for major and minor. Just can't imagine myself taking up other science subs other than biology cos It's the only one I'm decent at.

I hope Daniel hasn't died from being bugged by me ever so often these days.

Bus 179 makes me feel dizzy and nauseous though the journey from my house to school is less than 10 minutes. I've been to and fro school for quite a number of times recently and the probability of me getting bus-sick so far is 100%.

*faints*

I survived 8 days of road trip around the whole of Taiwan last Sep and I have been taking blissful 45 minutes ride to work for the past 2.5 years so I totally don't understand why this is happening.

I need a bicycle. Fast. It totally makes no sense for me to loop and 'gallivant' around the whole of NTU when I am going home, especially after training at the SRC. Looping from entrance (almost) to entrance just to get home is plain DUMB.

I've got a newfound love for going to the gym after discovering that MP3 players are actually allowed in there. I ran 40km in total last week! So fun ^^ I'm even more motivated about going now after getting my student card. $1 cheaper per visit! Now I can run as much as I want without a care for the weather outside. Gym rocks.

I've decided to cut down on junk food consumption a while ago because it's kinda getting out of control lately with me being at home everyday. I've dropped a bit of weight after a week or so of not touching junk food. Thats how much I've been stuffing myself with. Scary.

Quitting junk food is my long term aim. Shouldn't be too much of a problem now that I can't afford to splurge on junk food shopping like how I did when my pay was decent enough. Got to quit dining at restaurants too. Luckily I can be easily satiated with cheap food (comparatively, since nothing is cheap these days) like bread.

I'm going to claim back my title of 面包王 ^^

I watched Sukoshi Wa, Ongaeshi Ga Dekitakana last weekend and I ended up crying and crying and crying...... woke up the next day with slits for eyes.

The following is taken from here

"Ewing's sarcoma is different from cancers of the same kind. It occurs in the bones and flesh, and spreads through the blood. It is a malignant tumor common in children below 10, and in teenagers. It is rarer than cancer..."

Kitahara Kazunori was diagnosed with Ewing's sarcoma in the fall of his second year in high school, and thereafter spent a year and 10 months battling the disease. Although he studied hard for the university examinations and was successfully admitted to his first choice, [the prestigious] Tokyo University, he only managed to visit it for a day before passing away.

Even as Kazunori had to fight his serious illness, he received support from his friends, school teachers and family members, and had warm relations with many people. This drama illustrates the 1 year and 10 months young Kazunori persevered together with the people around him.

The title refers to Kazunori's words on successfully getting into Tokyo University - has he now repaid his debt (to his parents) in a little way, he wonders.

It's based on a real life story anyway.

Was feeling bothered by some problems a while ago but everything is fine now =) It kind of surprises me that nobody can ever sense when there is something wrong with me. Not even the ones I'm closest to.

If people who can express their feelings openly are described as being like an open book, I think I'm a closed book that is double locked.

2 comments:

KeMisE~ said...

hey hey we're twin lar!!! I didn't know u love bread tooo (till today that I read this entry)~
Bread so SO versetile and it goes well with so many toppings and brevages~

yiting said...

haha. u didnt know? u can ask ch.. he will have lots of stories to share ^^